After I had admired for a while, it really seemed like it would make a single bed size cosy stripe blanket (using Lucy at Attic 24's pattern). I have made this blanket before, and enjoyed the way it grew quite quickly. The only change I made to her pattern was to change the colour for the stripes randomly, rather than follow a regular pattern of colours. This was because the colours I had came in different quantities ranging from 50g to 200g. I also added in a ball of gold coloured yarn from my stash, and off I went.
This is it at the half-way point, in mid-May. It is four feet wide and about 3 feet long at this point, and its randomness works well for me.
This was the project that I lugged to craft club every Monday night for several weeks, then once the Modern Chevron Afghan was finished, I was able to work on it at home too. Finally on Saturday it reached the six feet mark, and I started the border. One round of trebles in turquoise, one round of half trebles in white and a final round of doubles in turquoise finished it off neatly.
It weighs 991g, very close to the 1 kilo that was sent to me. I'm very pleased with this blanket, it looks very cheerful and bright and it lives up to its name in terms of cosiness.
So now, it's on to blanket number 11. I have started a corner to corner blanket using some more of the coned yarn........